microStretching® Fundamentals for Fitness Professionals Online Live Course (Saturday July 11th, 2020. 12:00-3:00PM EST ) - Seats Remaining (11)
The microStretching® Fundamentals for Fitness Professionals online course is designed for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, and other fitness professionals.. This course explores the history, development and key foundations behind microStretching. The purpose of this course is to introduce microStretching and how it can be a crucial component of an athletes/clients training program. Furthermore, how microStretching can influence sports performance, training, recovery, and pain management. Participants will be able to identify the parameters of microStretching and how this type of stretching differentiates from conventional stretching. In addition, participants will be introduced to some of the research behind microStretching. The course also outlines different types of stretching and when to apply them during training (I.e static, dynamic etc.). To enhance interaction and application of the microstretching online course, a portion of the course will be dedicated to participants performing basic self micro-stretches.
- Compare and contrast the differences between microStretching and conventional stretching.
- Recall the parameters of microstretching.
- Compare and contrast traditional stretching positions with microstretching exercises.
- Analyze the relationship between stretch intensity and the inflammatory response.
- Identify the types of pain
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of anatomy
- Demonstrate an understanding of the microStretching core concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of tensile strengths of connective tissues (muscle, tendon)
- Determine the effects of high-intensity stretching with low-intensity stretching.
- Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Fitness Professionals
- Saturday July 11th
- 12:00- 3:00 PM
- Participants will need a computer and WIFI to attend the course.
- Registration Price – 80$ USD
- Please read our ‘Cancellation Policy’ prior to registering for the course.
- For student or group (3 or more) rates, please email email@example.com.
This course is currently not eligible for any CEU’s or CEC’s.
Nikos C. Apostolopoulos PhD, MPhil, BPHE (Sports Medicine)
Nikos C. Apostolopoulos PhD, MPhil, BPHE (Sports Medicine), is the founder of microStretching® and Stretch Therapy®. He is the Director of the microStretching® Clinic, the first in the world to pioneer the development of therapeutic and performance enhancement microStretching®. This recovery and regeneration technique, based on functional-clinical anatomy has been used to treat many professional, elite, amateur athletes, as well as individuals suffering from various musculoskeletal disorders.
Nikos was awarded both his PhD (Muscle Physiology and inflammation) and his MPhil from University of Wolverhampton (UK) and his BPHE (Sports Medicine) from the University of Toronto (CAN). He is currently an adjunct professor in the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education at the University of Toronto as well as a member of the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) and the International Society of Exercise and Immunology (ISEI). He has lectured and worked internationally as a consultant and therapist to various sports organizations and federations.
Michael S. Chemello, ATC, ITAT, BSc in Athletic Training (B.S.A.T)
Michael Chemello graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training. He is a certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) by the board of certification (BOC). BOC Certified Athletic Trainers are educated, trained, and evaluated in five practice domains. Injury and illness prevention and wellness promotion, examination, assessment and diagnosis, Immediate and emergency care, therapeutic intervention and health care administration and professional responsibility. As part of his curriculum, he has completed many clinical hours as a student athletic trainer. He was selected as a Florida-Canada Linkage award recipient and obtained many academic and athletic accomplishments. Prior to his education at Florida Gulf Coast University he graduated from Humber College with a Diploma in Fitness and Health Promotion. Michael’s background in athletics and health goes beyond his post-secondary education. He grew up playing hockey in the Greater Toronto Hockey League and continued to play collegiately (ACHA) and minor professionally in Germany and the United States. Currently he is preparing for the Canadian Athletic Therapist Association (CATA) exam.
Tom Ramanauskas BPHE, BEd
Tom Ramanauskas brings a wealth of pedagogical knowledge to the team. Being an educator for many years, he is able to best articulate the concepts and principles of microStretching®. Tom has been working with Nikos since the inception of microStretching® (1995), in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He completed his bachelors of Physical and Health Education (BPHE), University of Toronto (1987), and Bachelor of Education, Nipissing University (1995). As both an educator and a coach, Tom continues to provide a fresh outlook and ideas applicability of microStretching® to various sporting endeavors
- Complete both Step 1 (Form) and Step 2 (Payment) to register for the course. For group registration rates contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations made 7 days or more in advance of the event date, will receive a 100% refund. Participants will need to contact provider via phone or email with a request for refund (refer below):
- Telephone #: (647) 962 8780
- Email: email@example.com